Help to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must help limit the spread of coronavirus.
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Wear a face covering / mask when out in public spaces
- Wash your hands (& all hard surfaces) regularly
Try to work from home where possible, and limit your time in enclosed public spaces where possible
For advice on how to help protect your home from COVID-19, please follow the link below.
Practical information about Coronavirus
Extremely vulnerable people
Clinically extremely vulnerable people may include the following people. Disease severity, history or treatment levels will also affect who is in the group.
- Solid organ transplant recipients.
- People with specific cancers:
- people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
- people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
- people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
- people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
- people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
- people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
- People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary (COPD).
- People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell).
- People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
- Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.
People who fall in this group should have been contacted to tell them they are clinically extremely vulnerable.
If you’re still concerned, you should discuss your concerns with your GP or hospital clinician.
Links to advice for specific conditions
Asthma, COPD and other Lung Diseases
Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK – find voluntary support services in your area