WELCOME TO BRIDGEWATER SURGERIES
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all online bookings have been suspended and we have introduced new ways to contact the Practice, and new ways of consulting with patients.
The clinicians are now screening all appointment requests and we will try to help you by phone – or video call initially. When necessary patients will be offered a face to face consultation.
By only bringing in patients who really cannot be helped over the phone / by video call, we are all helping to limit the spread of coronavirus
- All enquiries and appointment requests will be screened by a GP. You will then be contacted offering a choice of appointment options
- Face-to-face appointments remain available to all patients, but will only be booked in a timed slot, with an appropriate member of our team, if necessary, and after discussion with one of the GPs
- Routine vaccinations (child and adult) & cancer screening tests (smears etc) are continuing as a priority
- Phone and video appointments are available to all patients, via secure NHS software, and might be the safest most convenient option.
- Online forms are available to submit queries and ask for non urgent advice and administrative queries.
If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery. This may include a temperature check on arrival, a one way flow through the building (entrance via the main door, exit via a separate door) and all appointments will be limited to less than 10 minutes where possible.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
The Practice is using AccuRx to carry out video consultations. The consultation is not stored or recorded within the AccuRx system, the clinical staff member is required to record observations and outcomes of the consultation directly into patient records in the same way as a face to face consultation.
The doctors and staff at Bridgewater Surgeries in Watford are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. The Bridgewater Surgeries are situated within Bridgewater House, with our branch Surgeries being Bridgewater North Approach and Bridgewater Meriden.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups. We also work with our colleagues in the local Primary Health Care team, local hospitals, social services and many others to provide a holistic service.
NHS Friends and Family
111 online is a fast and convenient alternative to the 111 phone service and provides an option for people who want to access 111 digitally.
Your needs will be assessed and you will be given advice about whether you need:
- Treat yourself at home
- Go to a Primary Care Centre
If you need face to face medical attention you may be asked to attend a Primary Care Centre.
Click here to access NHS 111 online or call 111 to speak to a staff member.
Did you know you no longer have to wait on the phone to get the health advice you need? Now, you can use Online Consult to assess your symptoms using online forms and send a message to the practice at any time, day or night. We’ll then review this so that we can advise you on the most appropriate next steps.