We have started inviting eligible patients for their Autumn Covid Booster. Patients will be either sent a text message with a link to book in, or will receive a phone call from the surgery offering them an appointment. We are inviting patients in age order, starting with patients who are over 75 years old and working our way down. Please bear with us while we start the process in inviting all eligible patients.
Who is eligible for the Covid Autumn Booster:
- Care home residents and care home staff
- Patients aged 50 and over (including patients who are going to turn 50 before the 1st of April 2023)
- Frontline health and social care workers aged 16 and over
- Carers aged 16 and over
- Patients aged 5 to 49 in clinical risk groups such as:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- BMI of 40 and above
- Learning Disability
- Asthma patients (only if requires continuous or repeated use of inhaled or systematic steroids or previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission)
- Patients who are immunocompromised due to illness or treatment (i.e., chemotherapy, HIV)
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
Patients ages 18+ will be offered either the Moderna Bivalent Vaccine or the Pfizer Bivalent Vaccine. Please note that our staff will not be able to advise you on the brand of the vaccine until the day of the clinic.
Patients ages 12-17 will only be offered the Pfizer Bivalent Vaccine.