Flu Vaccination Programme
THE LATEST NEWS REGARDING FLU VACCINE FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE 50-64 YEARS OLD
Patients who are 50-64 are now eligible for a flu jab. Please call the surgery to book an appointment:
Bridgewater Surgeries (the main surgery) on 01923 202600
Meriden on 01923 892030
Alternatively you can email us on E82013.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have started our Flu Vaccination Programme.
Our flu clinics run at different times on weekdays at both Bridgewater Surgeries and Meriden branch. North Approach will run a reduced flu clinic on Thursdays.
Please be aware that you need to book an appointment to have your flu jab. We are not running any walk-in flu clinics this year.
All eligible patients have been or will be sent a text message/email or a letter invitation.
Who is eligible for a FREE flu vaccination:
- Anyone who is 65 years and over
- Children and adults with underlying health conditions
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems
This year because of Covid 19 the flu vaccine is also being offered to the addtional cohorts:
- Household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded Patient List
- Health and social care workers employed through Direct Payment and/or Personal Health Budget
An additional cohort of adults 50-64 years old is now also eligible for a flu jab.
If you have any queries regarding flu eligibility or if you do not wish to have a flu jab you can email the surgery on email@example.com
For more information please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
What do you need to know before you attend the flu clinic:
- Do not attend the clinic if you are feeling unwell (please make sure you let us know so we can offer your appointment to someone else)
- Please arrive on time to help reduce social gathering
- Please wear loose clothing or short sleeves
- We may check your temperature on arrival with a Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- We have planned carefully for a safe flow through the building. You will be asked to enter and exit through different doors (one way flow system)
- There is a limited parking on site, but you will find parking in the courthyard behind the Rising Sun Hotel (1hr free near Bridgewater House) and on adjacant streets (near Harvest End Meriden)
- If the weather is dry we might offer an outside walkthrough option to save entering the buidlding
- If you are unable to attend please cancel before 6pm on the previous working day
- We will be unable to deal with other medical problems when doing flu clinics
Getting the flu vaccine is an important part of staying well this winter. If we’ve invited you to a flu clinic, or to make an appointment for the flu jab, it’s because you will benefit from it. Please come along and get vaccinated.
We have taken extra steps this year to make sure that you can get the flu vaccine without risking catching Covid-19. We have a one-way system in place, and staff will be in masks and other forms of PPE. [We are running special flu clinics in other venues to ensure that everyone can stay safe]. We ask that you take steps to keep yourself and others safe by wearing a mask if you can, using hand sanitiser and keeping distant from others waiting for the flu vaccine.
If you have or think you might have Covid, please don’t come to the flu clinic. Let us know and we’ll find another time to give your flu vaccine. Symptoms of Covid-19 are a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a change in or loss of your sense of taste or smell.
We are working hard to ensure that you can get your flu vaccine safely – you have nothing to worry about by attending the practice or one of our flu clinics. We want you to know that you are as safe as possible while at one of our clinics or buildings. Come and get your flu vaccine, and help us to help you stay well this winter.