The flu 2023/24 programme has started in September. It is best to have your flu vaccination in the autumn or early winter before flu rates increase. We advise you to book your appointment as quickly as possible.
Who is eligible to receive a free flu vaccine in 2023/24?
Patients in the following groups, will be offered a free flu vaccine in the GP surgery:
- Patients aged 65 years and over
- Patients aged 6 months to under 65 years with long term conditions such as:
- a heart problem
- a learning disability
- a kidney disease
- a liver disease
- Asthma (only if requires continuous or repeated use of inhaled or systematic steroids or previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission)
- patients with BMI of 40 and above
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment
- Pregnant women
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- All children aged 2 and 3 years
- Frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
School-aged children and young people will be offered the flu vaccine at school.
Flu clinics at Bridgewater Surgeries:
We are running regular flu clinics on most weekdays at both, Bridgewater House and Meriden. We have one flu clinic available at North Approach on Monday the 23rd of October. Please make sure you book an appointment.
How to book an appointment:
- You can use the NHS App (please ensure that you are eligible before booking)
- We send out text messages with a self-book link (these are valid for 7 days)
- You can call our reception team
- Ask a clinician or receptionist to book you an appointment when you are at the surgery
- Email our carer coordinator team on [email protected]
Please only book an appointment if you know you are eligible to receive a free flu vaccine. If you are not sure, please email us your flu query on: [email protected]