Choosing the Right Service
There is a wide range of NHS services available in Hertfordshire but we know that sometimes it can be difficult to know which one to use, or where to go if you feel ill.
Click here for information on using the right NHS service for your symptoms so you can be seen and treated by the right health care professional first time.
You can also search for details of your nearest minor injuries unit, urgent care centre, or in the case of a serious illness or injury, your nearest emergency department.
It is also important that if you have a minor condition, you use services like your local pharmacy, GP surgery or GP out of hours service, rather than an emergency department – which is designed to treat people with very serious conditions only.
Herts Help - This organisation is here to listen and help you find independent support, guidance and information you need to make the most to get the most out of life. They provide advice and help on the following;
- Support in a crisis
- Help feeling happy in your home
- Advice funding your care
- Help explaining a problem or having your say
- Help finding the right care services
As One - This organisation provides health and social care for people with mental health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Herts.
They provide the below services;
- Acute and Rehabilitation services
- Adult community services
- Mental Health Services for Older People
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Learning Disability services
- Patient advice and liaison services
- Forensic Services
Carers in Herts- This organisation provides support, advice and services for all carers in Hertfordshire.
They provide the below services:
- Carers bereavement groups
- Carer planning service
- Services for carers with limited English
- Carer support Hub
- Carer discount card
- Taking care of you support
- Carers Events and many more.